Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Wonder of the Almighty

Post #2. I'm a blessed man. I have a wonderful wife, a family who loves God and who each have tender hearts. What more could I ask for? In so many ways, God has blessed me. I know that He brings difficulties into my life to test and bless me. Testing to God is not pass/fail, but purifying as an assayer would test silver or gold. The gold He finds is only what He put there, but it brings Him pleasure to work with raw material such as I and to have the wonderful conundrum of connecting my good with His Glory. Who could conceive of such a God; who could imagine Him; who could fathom counting Him as friend. Only a destitute man, hungry for the Good He defines, for the Grace He offers, for the Truth He reveals, for the Life He gives, for the Justice He satisfies, for the Glory He sheds. Amen.

No comments: